Undergraduate Open House
Wednesday, January 8
Doors Open 5:00PM; Program 5:30PM – 6:30PM
Special Offer! APPLY FREE at the event. A $50 value. RSVP here.
国产偷拍视频Public safety professionals: learn the skills necessary to work with people, manage change in an organization, create innovation in organizations and utilize communication skills to solve social and organizational problems.
The Bachelor of Science in Public Safety Administration is designed for the public safety professional. This major requires a minimum of 36 credits.
PSA 305: Ethics in Public Safety Administration
Explore case issues and philosophies as they relate to personal and professional accountability in the public safety environment.
3 credits PSA 315: Public Safety Community Delivery Systems
Study various models and applications of public safety service systems throughout the United States.
3 credits PSA 330: Cultural Diversity in Public Safety Administration
Identify and analyze various cultures and their diverse historical, economic, and societal variations国产偷拍视频 within the context of the public safety sector.
3 credits PSA 335: Group Dynamics in Public Safety Administration
Learn how group behavior affects organizational effectiveness, decision making, conflict resolution, and get strategies for efficient group and task management.
3 credits PSA 355: Human Resources in Public Safety Administration
Examine the policies, behaviors and motives affecting recruiting, training, & evaluation, and current legal issues in human resources国产偷拍视频 as they pertain to the public safety arena.
3 credits PSA 360: America's Homeland Security
Learn the historical development, creation, and purposes of the Department of Homeland Security国产偷拍视频 and the corresponding national strategy for Homeland Security, as well as the effectiveness of such policies within a democracy.
3 credits PSA 410: Political and Legal Systems in Public Safety Administration
Analyze the importance of successful interaction between the different levels of government and agencies within a particular government. Explore the application of the political and legal systems as they directly affect public safety programs. Develop a model for understanding governmental, legal and operational problems. The course's final project will detail the formation and implementation of a task force designed to target a problem requiring the cooperation of various government agencies.
3 credits PSA 425: Counteracting Terrorism
Study current issues, proposed solutions, and shortcomings in public safety preparation for and in response to the threat of terrorism.
3 credits PSA 440: Research Methodology in Public Safety Administration
Analyze problems and needs within the public safety sector国产偷拍视频. Review related literature, collect data, and measure objectives, as well as apply analytic skills to a public safety related research project.
3 credits PSA 445: Strategic Planning in Public Safety Administration
Learn the fundamentals and application of strategic analysis and planning in public safety. Get introduced to developing strategic plans, determining long-term and short-term goals, and managing public safety programs.
3 credits PSA 465: Global Perspectives in Emergency Management
Explore global disaster risk reduction principles国产偷拍视频 and their impact on American emergency management systems and planning.
3 credits PSA 495: Public Safety Administration Major Capstone 3 credits
国产偷拍视频All courses require a background in public safety (or permission from the instructor), and have prerequisites of ENG 101 and ENG 102.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in Public Safety Administration will be able to:
- discuss current issues, propose solutions, and describe shortcomings in public safety preparation for and response to the threat of terrorism;
- identify and analyze various cultures and their diverse historical, economic and societal variations within the context of public safety;
- apply motivational theory and leadership theory to individual and groups functioning in public safety organizations;
- apply personal and professional ethical accountability in the public safety environment;
- analyze and apply the political and legal systems model for understanding governmental, legal, and operational problems;
- discuss the various models and application of public safety service delivery systems throughout the United States;
- examine how group behavior affects organizational effectiveness, decision-making, conflict resolution, and strategies for efficient group and task management;
- analyze problems and needs within the public safety sector, review literature, collect data, measure objectives, and apply analytical skills in a research project;
- explain the fundamentals and application of strategic analysis and planning in public safety;
- use effective verbal and non-verbal skills and interpret how they affect personal and professional relationships; and
- explain the values and perceptions of groups affecting recruiting, training, and evaluation, and identify the current legal issues in human resources as they pertain to the public safety arena.